I want to talk about skin care because let’s face it, if you feel confident & radiant on the outside you most certainly will on the inside! 💓
Facial Skin Care Routine
When I was just 10 my skin started to break out. All I got was “it’s all part of growing up”, “it will clear up in a few years”. Well, fast forward 15 years & I am still struggling with spot prone skin 😓. I have noticed three main contributing factors;
- Eating unhealthy. It does baffle me, however, if I have a day of eating junk food, I’m talking really greasy & fatty foods then my skin will literally break out over night. I’m not going to lie, I LOVE takeaways, just hate the consequences!
- If I miss my skincare routine just ONCE. It can be difficult to get in a real deep cleansing routine every morning & evening with two young children, three dogs and just general life. (Side note, I feel that may be me making excuses & not being proactive enough 🤦🏼♀️)
- Hormones. This is were it gets really bad. All through both pregnancies my skin flared up awfully. Of course, us ladies also have the dreaded time of month were hormones are flying everywhere! 🙄
I started with eating much more healthier & it’s benefited me in more ways than one! I now also force myself to do the morning & evening routines. Once a week I will do a deep clean skin care. There isn’t much we can do about hormones, I have just got the implant so we will see if it regulates anything at all 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Spots I can just about manage. Stretch marks … this is something I personally struggle with. My second pregnancy brewed a whopping 9lb 6 baby! So as you can imagine, the stretch marks slowly started appearing. I applied all the lotions you could think of but it was inevitably going to happen! If I’m honest, I have always been extremely lucky and never had a single stretch mark, even with my first pregnancy. I am extremely blessed to have two beautiful children but let’s face it mums, our bodies go through it with pregnancy & labour!
I feel the reason I’m personally struggling with it is because I had 0 control on how my body was drastically changing. I am trying so hard to loose weight & tone but they are going to be there forever. It is a constant conflict of ‘my body has carried my child safely for nine whole months, these are marks to remind you of your journey’ & ‘My body has now changed & there was and is nothing I can do about it’.
Upon doing a little research I discovered that this is a common feeling mums have! I think what we all have to remember, our bodies have literally carried & birthed a human! It’s incredible 😍
I am also aware that weight gain and weight loss contributes greatly towards stretch marks. Also, whilst doing some research, I found a frequently asked question … “is it normal for guys to have stretch marks?”. Doesn’t that break your heart a little? Men are seeing stretch marks on their bodies and they don’t think it’s normal so they are literally asking on the Internet. 💔 If you are one of these men, yes. It is so incredibly normal!
With all this in mind … everyone can suffer from stretch marks, which in turn can make you feel extremely insecure & could even have a negative impact on your mental wellbeing. There are treatments/creams out there if you want them less noticeable;
- Best Overall: Mederma Stretch Marks Removal Cream.
- Best for Fast Results: Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream.
- Best Multipurpose Product: Bio-Oil Multiuse Skincare Oil.
- Best for Prevention: Mustela Stretch Mark Prevention Cream.
- Most Improved Texture: Advanced Silicone Scar Gel.
Information used from bestproducts.com
It is also possible to get laser treatment to reduce the appearance of your stretch marks & reduce the depth of them. You can always book a consultation with certain treatment clinics if you feel that’s an option for you. At the end of the day, you do want makes YOU happy!
Overall I would say, we need to try and love our own bodies. Not to let other people’s opinions impact you. If we all started supporting each other & not pointing out flaws then I probably wouldn’t even be typing this as no one would even care.
Stay positive. Be Kind. 💞
My question of the day … what is your favourite skin care routine?